From Birth Until Age 85, You Have 750,000 Hours - How Will You Spend Them?

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Boat is Back!

After being all smartened up, Snowbird is back in the slip. Steve is working through his massive to-do list while I get to go shopping for the bits and pieces we need to have an organised and homey boat. Stuff gets easily scattered around when you're sailing, either through us not putting things away or bounced about by waves. If things have a home, hopefully they will go back home after being used. With only 40ish ft of space, it doesn't take much out to have a rather untidy place (Steve, aka Tidy Head, will be chuckling gleefully when he reads this!).

The interior is a mess! Very dusty and cluttered from the interior repaint / revarnish - which isn't quite complete yet (grrr). Steve's got stuff ripped apart doing bilge pumps and heads so I'm staying well away. We'll have quite a cleaning job on our hands on Monday.


Things I picked up are mainly storagey type stuff - baskets for the shelves, bins for the chart table shelves, containers to keep little things from floating (or flying) around the cabin. Found a fantastic deck bag! What's a deck bag? Everytime I go up on deck I have 'stuff' with me (yes, I'm a stuff person and quite happy that way, thank you!) - camera, video camera, book, suduko, sunscreen, lip balm, water, etc., etc. This stuff can go flying or have to be rapidly and repeatedly picked up and stowed if we're tacking. So I've been looking for a good bag for holding all my stuff and I found it! Great bag with loads of storage for keeping all the bits and pieces I like to have on deck in one place.

After all the busy-ness, we cleaned up and had dinner out on the patio. Temp is mid-70s. November is my favourite time of year in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment