From Birth Until Age 85, You Have 750,000 Hours - How Will You Spend Them?

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Great Gadgets

They call them 'Marriage Savers' here. We bought these wireless headset walkie-talkies when we first started sailing. When we enter or leave a slip / anchorage, Steve is at the front of the boat facing forward, watching what's happening in front of the boat. I am approximately 30 feet behind him at the wheel facing his back. Now if I am 2 feet behind Steve and he is speaking in the opposite direction, I cannot hear him. There is no chance of me hearing him 30 feet away in wind and with the engine running. So we bought these headsets and you would not believe how they take the stress out of some quite stressful situations! If you cannot hear someone, you shout to be heard, but shouting is shouting and it is VERY unpleasant. You hear stories of husbands and wives screaming at each other while anchoring - I do NOT want to go there! I quite like the way our anchoring usually ends, with a kiss and a well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment