From Birth Until Age 85, You Have 750,000 Hours - How Will You Spend Them?

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pottering



The wind was down today - yippee - so we were able to do a lot more up on deck rather than hiding out from the wind and rain down below. Big thing of the day, we put out our crab trap (Thanks, Jess, we really like it!). Fishing is on the list of 'things to learn how to do' and throwing a trap over the side seems like a very non-threatening way to start. Non-threatening until we pull up a trap with crabs and their claws! We'll have to figure out how to handle that at some point, I'm sure tongs and hopping around on deck will be involved.

The fender covers were under repair today. I had made all new covers for them before we left and with the broken throttle cable / reverse instead of forward / grind into the fuel dock half of the fender covers were trashed or ripped off (sigh). As a Process Person, I hate to do things twice, but sufficient time has passed for me to get over the trauma and I was ready to re-tackle that particular project. We also started to clean the bottom of the boat (because things grow on there), but it was still nice and clean so that job was aborted.

Didn't catch any crabs. I used Buffalo Wing bones for bait, perhaps crabs don't like hot sauce? Oh well, have to try again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. The net from Jess looks great, but I am not so sure I would be up for catching and cooking. If I had to think much more about where it all comes from I would be a serious veggie man here. But I do sense the satisfaction you could get from this activity and if there could be a video entry of "crap hopping around the cockpit" then there would be your first YouTube entry!

    ReplyDelete