From Birth Until Age 85, You Have 750,000 Hours - How Will You Spend Them?

Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Italian musical term for passionately. Passione - passion. Joe's comment about finding his art brought this to mind:

"What I would miss from your lifestyle is green........yes I would miss my pallet of green. In these difficult times of reflection, one begins to wonder; what is your talent, what is unique or at the very least, rememberable characteristic about what you can do? I am discovering I am artist of sorts with the color green as my backdrop, the oils are any living plant, and my canvas is anywhere things can grow."

Having seen Joe's garden, it is art, a canvas, a passion brought to life.

It's important to take some time, have some clear space to discover your passions, what gets you excited and makes you leap out of bed in the morning. What's difficult to find is time where it is just you with no outside influencers telling you what you should be or must be passionate about, time when you hear just your voice and not the voices of the media (your life will be perfect if you have this gadget, toy, really expensive thing), society and, yes, sometimes even the folks you love. It's been a long time since I've been able to hear my voice about what I'm passionate about, it's been overwhelmed for a lot of years by those who are much louder. I think our individual quiet voices can get lost or drowned out in all that noise. This trip has turned down the volume and I'm enjoying starting to find what makes me live appassionato, finding out what my passione is.

No comments:

Post a Comment